As per General Circular number 43/2012 dated 26.12.2012, time limit to file Cost Audit Report and Compliance Report for the year 2011-12 [including the overdue reports relating to any previous year(s)] in XBRL mode, without any penalty has been extended upto January 31, 2013 or within 180 days from the close of the company´s financial year to which the report relates, whichever is later.
Filing of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account A/c in XBRL Format for the Financial Year commencing on or after 01-04-2011 has been extended upto 15th January 2013 or 30 days from date of AGM whichever is later.
As per MCA, the following class of companies should file their Financial Statements in XBRL format.
(i) All companies listed in India and their Indian subsidiaries; or
(ii) All companies having a paid up capital of Rs. 5 Crore and above; or
(iii) All companies having a Turnover of Rs 100 Crore or above; or
(iv) All companies who were required to file their financial statements for FY2010-11, using XBRL mode.
Tax Deducted at Source on other than Salaries
TDS aims at collection of revenue from the source of income. This method of collecting the tax amalgamates two concepts “Pay as you earn” and “Collect as it is being earned.”
Any Deductor / Company tends to hire an expert for either technical or professional service or a contractor or sub-contractor for certain work on contract basis, the company has to deduct tds from the payment made to a party or deductee. The party or deductee from whose income tds is deducted get the credit of the amount deducted at the time of personal assessment on the basis of certificate issued by the deductor.
The scenarios in which tax is deducted at source if total payment exceeded the limit specified:
- When a Professional Architecture is hired to make a plan for construction of a new plant.
- When any company hires a travel company to arrange a picnic for its employees.
- When a company is hiring a Furniture Professional for doing its interior in the office.
- When company has a rented office and paying rent on monthly basis.
- When a company is paying commission on brokerage for buying office or acquiring office on rent.
Rate of TDS for Assessment Year 2013-14.
Please visit our website at http://www.sensysindia.com/chart.html
After the TDS has been deducted from the payment of the party / deductee, the deducted tax has to be deposited to the government online using challan 281. The tax has to be deposited within 7 days from the end of the month in which tax gets deducted. Except tax deducted in the month of March, should be deposited before 30th of April.
For e.g. ,
1. A tax deducted on 5th May 2012 has to be deposited before 7th of June 2012.
2. A tax deducted on 30th May 2012 has also to be deposited before 7th of June 2012.
3. A tax deducted on 31st March 2013 has to be deposited before 30th of April 2013.
Due date for submitting Quarterly TDS return in Form 26Q.
- By July 15th after the end of the first quarter. [April, May and June (Q1)]
- By 15th October after the end of the second quarter.[ July, August and September (Q2)]
- By 15th January after the end of the third quarter [October, November and December (Q3)]
- By 15th May after the end of the fourth quarter [January, February and March (Q4)]
Issuance of TDS certificate
The deductor has to issue a certificate which comes in Form 16A containing name of the deducter, payment details like BSR code, date of TDS deposit, serial no. of challan, rate of tax and tax amount . The due date for furnishing TDS certificate to the party or deductee is 15 days from the due date for Quarterly e-TDS Statement filing.
Advance tax Installment due to be paid on or before 15th December 2012.
|On or before 15th December 2012||3rd Installment – 75% of tax on total income for the year less advance tax
|On or before 15th December 2012||2nd Installment – 60% of tax on total income for the year less advance tax
It seems that the deadline for the payment of advance tax is nearing fast, hence it is suggested that tax on estimated income need to be paid by 15th of December to avoid interest. So you are suppose to make a planning of your income, compute income tax on income earned and make advance tax payment within due date.